Jump to Footer

Financial Services for Enrolled Students

Student Financial Services is here to help with all of your financial aid and billing concerns, including when you:

  • have interest in winter or summer session and need help paying
  • are considering withdrawing from coursework or college
  • want information about your options for managing college costs
  • need guidance on aid-eligible coursework

Understanding Financial Aid

Accessing financial aid resources is a multi-step process — you will need to apply for, qualify for, receive and renew your financial aid. Registering for and successfully completing courses needed for your degree completion will help you maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) to maintain your financial aid status.

There are rules to getting and keeping financial aid while enrolled. And there are rules when enrollment ends during a semester. Take time to learn more about the minimum academic progress requirements for financial aid and the process for returning funds when enrollment ends unexpectedly.

Aid-Eligible Coursework

Full-time students must take at least 12 credits each semester that are aid-eligible. Aid-eligible means the credits are needed to fulfill degree completion requirements.

Tax Information

Eligible domestic students will receive an annual notification of eligible charges paid and credits received during the previous calendar year. This information may be used to identify and document eligibility for tax benefits for education. Canadian students can also receive tax information upon request. Learn more about how we provide tax information.

Federal Stimulus Grants to Students

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government has awarded SUNY Plattsburgh funding for the sole and exclusive purpose of providing emergency grants to students.  All funds have been distributed as of December of 2022.

For more information about the funding, distribution, policies, addendums and required disclosures of these emergency student grants, visit our Federal Stimulus Grants to Students page.

Back to top